I have been making a lot of oatmeal cookies especially with almond butter lately. I think I am craving peanut butter cookies but since P hates peanut butter I don't think that would go over so well. These cookies were super tasty and moist but didn't have the almond butter kick I was looking for...the quest continues.
Vegan Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies
From Alien's Day Out
Makes 24 - 26 cookies
1/3 cup natural, smooth roasted almond butter
1 Tbs non dairy butter
2/3 cup organic sugar
1/3 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, non dairy butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until everything is smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, soda and salt. Add the rolled oats.
- Combine the wet with the dry, and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chunks
- Drop large spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet and slightly flatten with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
- Remove sheet from oven and let cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cookie rack.