Monday, May 7, 2012

Vegan Lemon Curd


I came across this Vegan Lemon Curd recipe on the blog Lunch Box Bunch.  It came together really quickly and was super tasty. P could not stop talking about it and we ate it on some home made bread, on pancakes and just out of the jar. I think mine was a bit firmer and next time I would cook for less time but other than that it turned out great.


Vegan Lemon Curd
Via Lunch Box Bunch
makes 1 1/4 cups

1/2 cup soy milk, plain
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp corn starch
6 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
5 Tbsp vegan buttery spread
pinch of salt
optional: 1/8 tsp lemon extract

Directions:
In a soup pan, dissolve the corn starch in the cold soy milk and water.

Turn heat to medium-high and continuously stir the mixture. Add in the buttery spread, lemon juice and sugar and continue to stir until mixture starts to bubble and thicken.

Reduce heat to low and beat with a hand-held beater for about 90 seconds.

Transfer mixture to serving dish and refrigerate until chilled. Store in fridge and eat within 2-3 days.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! This looks tasty and the perfect hostess gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devon,
    You're the winner of a SprinkleBakes book! Could you email me your address? Send to chef@sprinklebakes.com

    Thanks so much! You have a lovely blog. :)

    --H

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks D-Licious!! Nice website, Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for an excellent vegan lemon curd recipe, and tried 3 others. Not only is this one the best, it is the simplest! It actually sets up consistently.
    It has a rich, bright flavor, appealing, natural lemony color, and a great lemon curd texture. I also make my own almond milk, and tried it with that as well, instead of soy..not sure I can tell the difference..both were excellent. I MAY give it a try with cashew milk, just to see what it's like..but don't think I could improve upon the original. Great recipe! BTW I serve this with a great olive oil lemon cake, that makes the carnivores salivate

    ReplyDelete