Sunday, December 5, 2010

Baking to Say Thanks


I work for an organization called Apathy is Boring and we have a lot of volunteers that come into the office to help us out. Next week is our volunteer thank you week and everyone in the office is bringing in yummy treats. I spent Sunday baking some chocolaty goodies for all of our amazing volunteers.




I got started with some Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti from Veganomicon. This was my first time making Biscotti and they turned out lovely and crisp.

Next up was the Chocolate Chip Cookies also from Veganomicon. I made a few changes by replacing regular flour with a mix of whole wheat and spelt flour and leaving out the cocoa powder. I wanted these to be a more classic cookie.


Lastly were the Double Chocolate Banana Cookies from one of my absolute favorite vegan cookbooks - Get It Ripe. The recipes in this book are clean, simple and always turn out amazing. And I love these super chocolaty cookies.


After 10 dozen batches of cookies here is what my kitchen looked like!

No comments:

Post a Comment