Thursday, June 16, 2011

New York New York

Firstly I must say sorry for the extremely long time between posts. I was in Iqaluit, Nunavut for work twice in May and in between P and I met up with his family in New York City.



The culinary scene in Iqaluit wasn't much to talk about (Except for this smoked Arctic char and the Ungava Gin we got to try) But we ate lots of yummy food in New York.

I didn't get a chance to take pictures at every place but here are some highlights from the trip.



Breakfast at our hotel lovely hotel Muse. Smoked Salmon bagel with cream cheese, capers, onions and tomatoes.



Lunch at Le Pain Quotidian. I didn't realise this place was such a huge chain - but we had a really yummy lunch there. This is my white bean soup and soy latte.


We went for pre theatre cocktails at a little bar (whose name escapes me). The boys had this lovely organic English Ale which I thought was pretty cool.


The thing I was most looking forward to on this trip was finding the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck and we did! Sure we had to stand in line for 25 minutes but it was worth it. P had the Salty Pimp (1) - Vanilla soft serve infused with dulce de leche and sea salt and dipped in chocolate. I had my own creation (2) of vanilla soft serve in a cone filled with pomegranate balsamic reduction and rolled in curried coconut flakes. P's brother had the Monday Sunday (3) - Swirled chocolate and vanilla soft served with a nutella filled cone and dulce de leche, sea salt and whipped cream. SO GOOD.


 This was my breakfast at a little place close to the hotel called Brooklyn Diner. The "Vernon Brown" omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes, and scallions plus home-made challah bread and super tasty polenta nuggets which were delicious. P and I really liked our breakfast there because so much was made in house. Even the orange juice was fresh squeezed. We decided to take P's family there a second time however the it was a disappointment as the service was terrible.

We also had the most amazing diner at a place called The Lambs Club - however I was to embarrassed to take photo's that evening. I had the crab and green grape gazpacho to start and then ate the most amazing scallops at this place - seriously so freaking yummy. I finished with the honey pistachio cake.

New York was great and I can't wait until our next trip there!

No comments:

Post a Comment