Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Berry Galette

I got the idea for this out of The Dolce Vegan where she calls galette "fruit pizza". Anyway it piqued my interest because I love how rustic free form pie looks. Although I didn't have any peaches so I made my own berry concoction. 



Pie Crust

2 cups whole wheat flour               
1 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup Earth Balance
1/4 soy milk

Mixed flour and sugar. Cut in butter until chunks are about pea size and thoroughly mixed in. Add milk and stir until dough forms. Form into a round disk, cover with plastic and refrigerate for a least one hour.


Filling
2 cups frozen berries
1/4 cup slivered almonds 
2-3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together.

Roll out dough onto a floured cookie sheet. Spread filling onto dough leaving a 1 inch border all around. Fold edges up and over filling. It shouldn't look perfect!

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my that looks good. I love a galette - never heard of it called Free form pie though. That's extra fantastic.

    ReplyDelete